Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When The Government Was Young

Some form of agnosticism is usually the philosophy prevalent at the time of the beginning of a government.

This often is because such "enterprises" are engendered within some type of a conundrum, some type of a problem.

Take the USA for example, who were originally a group wanting to escape the absolutism of a gnostic King.

Well before they ever fully escaped "that" to become "themselves", they were forced to sail upon unknown waters on what was then a flat Earth.

Yes indeed, they sailed into the great realm of "mystery" because the oceans were full of mystery, which means, that since mystery is by definition the complete antithesis of "knowing" (mystery knowing), their actions were a form of agnosticism vs gnosticism, yes, it was insurrection.

Nevertheless, upon attaining the most neophyte, the most preliminary of ultimate indications (they did reach land prior to falling off the edge of the flat Earth) they began to become gnostic.

After a time, and upon further consideration while on dry land, they wrote their Declaration of Independence from agnosticism, as if their DNA was gnostic, absolute, and without doubt now.

They did not waiver in their demands for absolute independence, because they were upon gnostic (solid) ground now.

They were estranged from their original English roots because "people are strange when you are a stranger".

Sometimes rock bands get around to encapsulating this essence of history in a pristine manner.

Take for example the lyrics below, which would fully and completely encapsulate the feelings of the oppressed people of the British Empire ("original Americans") who became the Pilgrims (the strangers).

But more than that, these lyrics encapsulate the evolution of those freedom riders who in reality became THE REBELLION, and who fully encapsulated these lyrics:

I Don't Know

Never have I heard
A more disturbing word
Holdin' out for long
I never felt so quite disturbed.

I get up in the morning now, I don't know
Waiting for the evening now, I don't know
Been lookin' for whats comin' now, I don't know
Would somebody please, help me.

Lookin' back at me
There's more than mystery
Letters and pages of
Ancient history, yeah.

I get up in the morning now, I don't know
I've been waiting for the evening now, I don't know
I've been lookin' for whats comin' now, I don't know
Would somebody please, help me.

I don't know, help me.
I don't know, I don't know, help me.

I don't know, help me.
I don't know, I don't know, help me.

I don't know, help me.
I don't know, I don't know, help me.

(Sheepdogs, I Don't Know). Yes, agnosticism is the essence of young governments, who often humbly exclaim "we don't know".

Likewise, war is entirely anathema to young governments, as we in the Dredd Blog System have intimated ad nauseum according to The Sum, the Test.

But old miserly bastard governments develop The War Religion, seeing as how they finally know everything, then become sovereign gnostics.

Yes, gnosticism in the extreme form eventually replaces agnosticism when the toxins of power fully have their way.

As the Doobie Brothers once said, listen to the music:

It sure makes the mystery more palatable, and perhaps more scientific, when we consider the effect that "aging" has upon government. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment