Friday, August 31, 2012

The Dogma of The High Priest In Chief - 2

The Persistence of Memory
The Obama guys referred all questions about the Clint Eastwood speech at the Republican Convention last night to artist Salvador Dali (see painting to the left).

Those who had hoped that "He Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken" (a.k.a. The High Priest In Chief) would show up and speak magic Bushisms were disappointed, but they were a tad mystified when The Outlaw Josie Wales showed up instead, with an empty chair, and then went on to talk with the empty chair about "serious republican subjects."

Bush II watched with Cheney I from an undisclosed disposition as Josie gave new meaning to The Chair of the RNC (Reince "E Pluribus" Priebus).

Shortly into "Josie's Speech" Bush II said to Cheney I, "this reminds me of my speech introducing my update to the Bible":
"I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened." —Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009
(The Complete Bushisms). Cheney I quickly mumbled "torture is good" then they both refocused their attention to Josie.

When Josie got to the part about getting all rogue and mavericky then robbing banks Bush II excitedly quipped to Cheney I:
"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." —Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009
(ibid, see also Banker Jekyll Will Hyde Your Money). In the final excruciating minutes of watching "the Josie Speech", Bush II waxed philosophical then got teary eyed.

He then put his arm around Cheney I who was feasting on roasted pig brains and still mumbling "torture is good", when Dubya said "Josie should wrap this up with one of my good lines", like:
"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009
(ibid). Cheney I wiped his hands off on Bush II's shirt, as he mumbled "torture is good", before falling asleep during the applause.

Bush II turned out the lights as he spoke under his breath, "Jeb said he loves me."

The next post in this series is here, the previous post in this series is here.

The Song About The Josie Wales Speech
(apologies to The Travelling Wilburys ...
the video of this song is below)
-//-
Tweeter and the monkey man hard up for campaign cash
Stayed up all night selling Koch pain and "stash"
To an undercover cop who had a sister "Gov. Jan"
For reasons unexplained she loved the monkey man

Tweeter was a boy scout before missin' a bus to vietnam
And found out the hard way nobody gives a damn
They knew that they found freedom just across the jersey line
So they hopped Gov. Christie's car took highway 99

(chorus)
And the walls came down all the way to hell
Never saw them when they're standing
Never saw them when they fell

The undercover cop never liked the monkey man
Even back in childhood he wanted to see him in the can
Jan got married at fourteen to a rackateer named bill
She made secret calls to the monkey man from a mansion on the hill

It was out on thunder road - Josie Wales at the wheel
They crashed into paradise - they could hear them tires squeal
The undercover cop pulled up and said everyone of you's a liar
If you don't surrender now it's gonna poll down to the wire

(chorus)

An ambulance rolled up - a state trooper close behind
Tweeter took his gun away and messed up his mind
The undercover cop was left tied up to a tree
Near the souvenir stand by a Bain-abandoned factory

Next day the undercover cop was hot in pursuit
He was taking the whole thing personal
He didn't care about the loot
Jan had told him many times Gov. Christie always taught
In jersey anythings legal as long as you don't get caught

(chorus)

Someplace by rahway prison they ran out of gas
The undercover cop had cornered them said boy, you didn't
Think that this could last
Jan jumped out of bed said there's someplace I gotta go
She took a gun out of the drawer and said it's best if you don't know

The undercover cop was found face down in a field
The monkey man was on the river bridge using Cheney as a shield
Jan said to the monkey man I'm not fooled by Cheney's curl
I knew him long before he ever became a jersey girl

(chorus)

Now the town of jersey city is quieting down again
I'm sitting in a gambling club "Wall Street Den"
The tv set been blown up, every bit of it is gone
Ever since the nightly news show that Josie's Speech was on

I guess I'll Jeb to florida and get myself some sun
There aint no more opportunity here, everything's been done
Sometime I think of tweeter, sometime I think of jan
Sometime I don't think about nothing but the monkey man



No comments:

Post a Comment