The judge has now set a schedule for oral argument and written briefing concerning the issues in the case.
The scheduling order concerns the defendants' Motion To Dismiss, and at the same time, the plaintiffs' Motion For Preliminary Injunction.
The scheduling order reads as follows:
WILLIAM H. PAULEY III, District Judge:
Counsel for the parties having appeared for a conference on July 25, 2013, the following schedule is established:
1. Plaintiffs will file a motion for a preliminary injunction and Defendants will file a motion to dismiss by August 26, 2013;
2. Opposition briefs are due September 26, 2013;
3. Third parties may file motions for leave to file amici briefs by October 3, 2013 with their proposed briefs attached;
4. Reply briefs are due October 10, 2013;
5. The Court will hear oral argument on November 1, 2013 at 12:00 p.m;
6. Moving and opposition briefs may be 40 pages in length, reply briefs may be 20 pages.
Dated: July 25, 2013 New York, New York
SO ORDERED: WILLIAM H. PAULEY III U.S.D.J.
Stay tuned because Dredd Blog will post the briefs after they are filed by the parties or amici ("friend of the court").
The next post in this series is here, the previous post in this series is here.