Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Little Planet Without Humility

I live on a planet that was scheduled to be vaporized several billion years ago.

While it is uncertain when that vaporization will take place, that it will be vaporized is the consensus of astronomers, stellar scientists, and cosmologists in all nations across my planet.

One would think that the residents of my planet would take notice of that reality and make a planet-wide effort to properly react to the reality as mature beings.

It would be the humble thing to do.

I live on a planet where the ecosystem can be damaged or destroyed if it is not properly taken care of.

That environment is where the people of my planet attain their food, water, shelter, and security.

One would think that the residents of my planet would take notice of that reality and make a planet-wide effort to properly take the utmost good care of the planet's environment, as mature beings would be wont to do.

It would be the humble thing to do here on Earth.

We may have reached The Peak of Sanity, but we have not yet reached The Peak of Humility, one peak we really need to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment