Their recent media generated storm called "gun control" evoked a response, to a large extent, that caught them by surprise.
They are not too often caught off guard like that.
That is because the government, agenda driven groups, and the News Media (to the extent those are separate entities) in America have developed the greatest propaganda engines the world has ever seen, and they work quite well, thank you.
Even the NAZI propaganda maestros, whom you have been taught were the originators of propaganda, actually learned their ways from Bernays, the American master of official propaganda.
So, they have been taken aback by the response to the media storm surge of propaganda that was designed to remove various armaments from the possession of the public:
The furious reaction to the Obama administration’s gun control proposals is reminiscent of the anger that greeted the passage of the 1993 Brady Bill and the 1994 ban on assault weapons supported by another relatively liberal Democrat — Bill Clinton. The passage of those bills, along with what was seen by the right as the federal government’s violent suppression of political dissidents at Waco, Texas, and Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in the early 1990s, led to the first wave of the Patriot movement that burst into public consciousness with the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. The number of Patriot groups in that era peaked in 1996 at 858, more than 500 groups fewer than the number active in 2012.(The Year in Hate and Extremism). It is not racism alone that fans these passions, because it happens as a reaction to any color of a president.
The public is afraid of the government and they do not trust the government, especially those parts of government that are not in accord with their politics (conservatives don't like liberal government officials, and liberals don't like conservative government officials).
Thus, the distrust and dislike of government is not coming only from the right, it is also coming from everywhere:
American neighborhoods are increasingly being policed by cops armed with the weapons and tactics of war. Federal funding in the billions of dollars has allowed state and local police departments to gain access to weapons and tactics created for overseas combat theaters – and yet very little is known about exactly how many police departments have military weapons and training, how militarized the police have become, and how extensively federal money is incentivizing this trend. It’s time to understand the true scope of the militarization of policing in America and the impact it is having in our neighborhoods. On March 6th, ACLU affiliates in 23 states filed over 255 public records requests with law enforcement agencies and National Guard offices to determine the extent to which federal funding and support has fueled the militarization of state and local police departments. Stay tuned as this project develops.(ACLU Launches Nationwide, emphasis added). And the minions of the Epigovernment have openly declared that if the people do not like the bad economy the 1% have made by their warmongering ways, too bad.
Consider these ten chilling stories. If the anecdotal evidence is any indication, use of military machinery such as tanks and grenades, as well as counter-terrorism tactics, encourage overly aggressive policing – too often with devastating consequences:
1) Confused after throwing a deafening and blinding “flashbang” into a home, police mistakenly shot and killed a sleeping nine-year-old.
2) A county sheriff’s department in South Carolina has an armored personnel carrier dubbed "The Peacemaker," which can shoot weapons that the U.S. military specifically refrains from using on people.
3) New Hampshire police received federal funds for a counter-attack vehicle, asking “what red-blooded American cop isn’t going to be excited about getting a toy like this?”
4) Two SWAT Teams shut down a neighborhood in Colorado for four hours to search for a man suspected of stealing a bicycle and merchandise from Wal-Mart.
5) A company in Arizona submitted a patent for shock cuffs, which can be used by cops to remotely administer a Taser-like shock to detainees.
6) Police in North Dakota borrowed a $154 million Predator drone from Homeland Security to arrest a family who refused to return six cows that wandered onto their farm.
7) Police in Arkansas announced plans to patrol streets wearing full SWAT gear and carrying AR-15 assault rifles.
8) Drone manufacturers may offer police remote controlled drones with weapons like rubber bullets, Tasers, and tear gas.
9) An Arizona SWAT team defended shooting an Iraq War veteran 60 times during a drug raid, but had to retract its claim that the veteran shot first.
10) The New York City Police Department disclosed that it deployed “counter-terror” measures against Occupy Movement protesters.
If the people decide to exercise their constitutional right to march in the streets to petition the government for a redress of grievances, then:
A new report by the U.S. Army War College talks about the possibility of Pentagon resources and troops being used should the economic crisis lead to civil unrest, such as protests against businesses and government or runs on beleaguered banks.(Why Is The Government Conditioning Us To Austerity?). And they are wondering why the people want to keep and bear arms?
“Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security,” said the War College report.
The study says economic collapse, terrorism and loss of legal order are among possible domestic shocks that might require military action within the U.S.
If so, they are Luddites, because it is clear they are the best promoters of gun sales and the gun peddlers must be thankful:
Sales of Guns Soar in U.S. as Nation Weighs Tougher LimitsGoogle "gun sales surge" and you will see that this incarnation of "The Surge" is an indication that domestic policy is bringing crazoids, fearful people, and your everyday zealot together.
Smith & Wesson sales surge as gun restrictions loom
Out of stock: Firearms, ammo sales surge as gun control talk swirls
Gun stores running low on weapons as sales surge
Ammunition Sales Surge
Ok, the name of today's post is "The Best Formula For Gun Control", so what do I suggest?
Stop scaring the people, de-militarize the police, stop the funky foreign policy "We Own The World", stop plundering the people on behalf of the plutocrats, put as many of the 1% criminals in jail as possible, and get back to being America once again.
It is quite simple conceptually ... so long as one knows a few things outside the prick bubble surrounding most of the clown corps running this nation at this time.