|Fig. 1 1st 24 Stations of 71|
This post wraps up the subject matter, for now, concerning Dredd Blog zones which contain more than one tide gauge station, and at least one tide gauge station that has been reporting sea level at that station since the 1800's.
These final graphs today complete the list of graphs for twenty-one zones which began to keep records over two centuries ago (209 years) in 1807.
II. The Twenty-One Zones Covered
In posts Zone AH, Quadrant SE, Subquadrant NE - 2, The Extinction of Robust Sea Ports - 5, The Warming Science Commentariat - 4, and today's post, twenty one zones were graphed.
|Fig. 2 2nd 23 Stations of 71|
|Fig. 3 3rd 24 Stations of 71|
2) Zone: AG.NE.SE, 31 stations, begin year: 1899 (Fig. 4 here)
3) Zone: AG.SE.NE, 11 stations, begin year: 1855 (Fig. 5 here)
5) Zone: AH.SE.NE, 31 stations, begin year: 1856 (Fig. 1 here)
6) Zone: AH.SE.SW, 29 stations, begin year: 1898 (Fig. 6 here)
7) Zone: AI.NE.NE, 35 stations, begin year: 1858 (Fig. 8 here)
8) Zone: AI.NE.SE, 32 stations, begin year: 1807 (Fig. 8 here)
9) Zone: AI.SE.NE, 29 stations, begin year: 1882 (Fig. 10 here)
10) Zone: AI.SE.SE, 20 stations, begin year: 1881 (Fig. 11 here)
11) Zone: AJ.NW.NW, 54 stations, begin year: 1811 (Fig. 4)
13) Zone: AJ.NW.SW, 33 stations, begin year: 1833 (Fig. 6)
14) Zone: AJ.SW.NW, 38 stations, begin year: 1884 (Fig. 8)
15) Zone: AJ.SE.NW, 6 stations, begin year: 1874 (Fig. 7)
16) Zone: AL.SW.SW, 71 stations, begin year: 1894 (Fig. 1,2,3)
17) Zone: AQ.NW.NE, 3 stations, begin year: 1882 (Fig.9)
18) Zone: AQ.NW.SW, 8 stations, begin year: 1878 (Fig. 10)
20) Zone: A2.NE.NE, 4 stations, begin year: 1897 (Fig. 1 here)
21) Zone: A3.NE.NW, 10 stations, begin year: 1886 (Fig. 2 here)
III. Using Contrasting Records
There are many reasons for using the older tide gauge station records, and contrasting them with tide gauge records at stations built after them.
This way the sea level rise or fall at any location is shown to have a different dynamic than those at other locations relatively near them.
This illustrates the point that sea level rise not only takes place at different rates at different locations, but also that tide gauge stations are better used in conjunction with those near them.
IV. The Public Deserves The Truth
Dr. Jerry Mitrovica is one of the world's better experts on why the oceans fall and rise when ice sheets melt
In the first video below, he indicates that using the global mean average ("bathtub model") is not a clear picture of reality.
So, people have been kept from information to the degree that it diminishes their ability to better understand the circumstances in their geographical area.
Regular readers of Dredd Blog are part of the public, so I try to give them the reality of all this, warts and all.
Look over the graphs.
Notice how active the oceans are.
Imagine you are an official in a company that is being asked about moving a seaport to a new location.
Think about all the things in these records that will help you to figure out the better way to proceed.
All the while remembering that you have been told only about the silly millimetres of sea level rise for decades.
Then think about what if it is too late now to adapt fast enough.
The scientist who was a post doctorate student along with Dr. Stephen Hawking, in the second video, talks about climate change and the growing difficulty of computer models during storms of change.