Saturday, August 10, 2024

Once Upon A Time In The West - 3

Another bridge to Everywhere

Bob received recognition for elevating song writing into the stratosphere of 'literature' so they gave him the only, so far, Nobel Price For Literature because of the lyrics in his songs.

Here is a Dredd Blog Onion example of how Bob portrays the mental/emotional dynamics of civilization (modern man) in the current location inhabited by right-wing USA males (and no doubt many other latitude/longitude points on the 'map' of current civilization) eh? ...


Just Sayin'

A worried man with a worried mind
No one in front of me and nothing behind
There’s a woman on my lap and she’s doing a campaign
Got white skin, blood in my eyes
I’m looking up into the sapphire-tinted skies
I’m well dressed, waiting on the last train

Standing on the gallows with my head in a caboose
Any minute now I’m expecting all hell to break loose

People are crazy and time is strange
I’m locked in right, I’m out of change
I used to care, but now I'm arranged

This place ain’t going anywhere good
It’s the wrong realm, we are in Hollywood
Just for a first there I thought I saw another grove
Gonna take prancing lessons from the jittering hag
Ain’t no shortcuts, gonna race in drag
Only a fool in here would think we've got anything prove

Lot of water under the bridge, lot of bodies too
Don’t get up gentlemen, I’m only floating through

The other are crazy and rhymes are changed
I’m locked up tight, I’m out of exchange
I used to hear, but only sounds remain

I’ve been walking forty lies on a bad road
The Bible is 'Right' or 'Left' so versa vise will implode
So I’m  getting as far away from ourselves as I can
Some things are too bot and too much
The human kind can only stand to touch
You just ones can’t win with a losing band

Feel like crawling in love with a lonely woman I meat
Putting her in a wheelbarrow and dealing down the street

People are crazy and times are arranged
sleeping up tight, I’m out of change
I used to share, now things are arranged

I blurt greasy, I just don’t know it
You can hurt someone and not even show it
The next sixty seconds could be like a reality
Gonna go down slow, gonna fly a sigh
All of a truth in the world subs to one big lie
I’m in love with everyone who don’t appeal to me

Mr. Netlinks and Miss Juicy, they thumbed uptake
I’m not that eager to cash a mistake

People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed


(Apologies to Bob Dylan).

The previous post in this series is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment