|POGO at the garbage patch|
This post has a different subject matter from a previous post (War - Great Stimulant - Let's Invade us, 2).
It also has a different subject from what some military minds claim to be the military's greatest enemy (Your Health Is Their Number 1 Enemy?!).
It is closer to what some other military minds say is their greatest threat (Has The Navy Fallen For The Greatest Hoax?).
To grasp the concept of the invader being talked about today, one needs to combine POGO 101, with what the Pentagon told the president, (even as the Pentagon continues to be the number one single user of dirty oil, and played a part in getting us hooked to begin with), all of which ends up being the gist of "we have met the enemy and he is us" (see POGO cartoon @ upper-left).
Thus, the invasion I am talking about today, is the invasion by the sea, or, as it is commonly called, sea level rise (SLR).
False Security, Inc.
Paul Revere, today, would be all about "two if by sea" because that is where the invasion is coming from, and it won't be an invasion by the British.
Senator Inhofe, High Priest of Denialism, is all about "
They have been scared silly it would seem:
What can be said when a young naive boy burns his nuts off on an airplane while playing a video game in his head?(The Keystone Complex To The Rescue, cf. Bart Simpson ... Security). They are all lathered up over things that, by comparison, are less dangerous than:
Especially when it causes the whole commercial aviation system, together with the infamous homeland security gang (disorganized into a strange meme-complex) to go nuts too?
The Keystone Kops meme-complex comes to mind.
(Terrorism We Can Believe In? - 3). And yet, like Don Quixote, we spend trillions of dollars worrying about things that are not, by comparison, dangerous to us:
- You are 35,079 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist
- You are 33,842 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist
- obesity is 5,882 to 23,528 times more likely to kill you than a terrorist
- you are 5,882 times more likely to die from medical error than terrorism
- you’re 4,706 times more likely to drink yourself to death than die from terrorism
- you are 1,904 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist
- your meds are thousands of times more likely to kill you than Al Qaeda
- you’re 2,059 times more likely to kill yourself than die at the hand of a terrorist
- you’re 452 times more likely to die from risky sexual behavior than terrorism
- you’re 353 times more likely to fall to your death ... than die in a terrorist attack
- you are 271 times more likely to die from a workplace accident than terrorism
- you are 187 times more likely to starve to death in America than be killed by terrorism
- you’re about 22 times more likely to die from a brain-eating zombie parasite than a terrorist
- you were more than 9 times more likely to be killed by a law enforcement officer than by a terrorist
- [being] “crushed to death by ... [TV] or furniture” [as likely as] being killed by terrorist
- Americans are 110 times more likely to die from contaminated food than terrorism
- you are more likely to be killed by a toddler than a terrorist
- you [are] four times more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist
(Homeland Security Happy Daze - 2). When those neoCons took it to the hoop and started spying on all Americans, the courts held that such activity by the military NSA is illegal (ACLU vs. Clapper, Alexander, Hagel, Holder, and Mueller - 13).The Washington Post has begun a block buster series following a couple of years of research.(The Keystone Complex To The Rescue). That story reveals a shocking anti-American development on its own, but the story is all the more egregious in the context of the republicans wanting to cut education, health care, social security, etc., but not those senseless republican behemoths.
They expose some of MOMCOM's excesses in the field of spying ("intelligence"), showing that American spying, like the military, is out of control:
The investigation's other findings include:
* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.
* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.
* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.
* Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.
* Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year - a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.
(Washington Post). That only scratches the surface, the story is also that no one knows all about it or how much it costs, hence, it is out of control.
For a decade these same luddites have been weakening, or trying to weaken, NASA climate scientists who have been warning "two if by sea" as they should.
But they have been weakened and damaged by those who should be strengthening them:
Changes in the area and volume of the two polar ice sheets in Antarctica ... and Greenland are intricately linked to changes in global climate, and could result in sea-level changes that could severely affect the densely populated coastal regions on Earth. Melting of the West Antarctica part of the Antarctic ice sheet alone could cause a sea-level rise of approximately 6 meters (m). The potential sea-level rise after melting of the entire Antarctic ice sheet is estimated to be about 73 m. In spite of its importance, the mass balance (the net volumetric gain or loss) of the Antarctic ice sheet is poorly known; it is not known whether the ice sheet is growing or shrinking. As a result, measurement of changes in the Antarctic ice sheet has been given a very high priority in recommendations by the Polar Research Board of the National Research Council, by the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), and by the National Science Foundation’s Office of Polar Programs.(The Agnotology of Sea Level Rise Via Ice Melt). The invader is poorly known because our leaders in government and business are all too often psychopaths.
On the Series Posts page (tab at top of Dredd Blog pages), under the heading "SEA LEVEL RISE" are links to posts about the invader.
Those posts will inform readers of the meaning of this quote on the Dredd Blog quotes page:
"One thing is for sure on the subject of global warming induced climate change: if there was ever a time to err on the safe side, it was long ago." - Dredd
If I was a terrorist:
A 1958 video which shows we went into the catastrophe with our "eyes wide open."