Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Lawyer Said I Could

The plea of not guilty because "my lawyer said I could torture" is sure to bring a laugh at any plea hearing on a criminal indictment in the federal courts.

At best
.

It is more likely to bring a proceeding to determine mental fitness to stand trial.

Yet that pseudo, fake defense, in the torture crime scandal, is seriously being bantered about for public consumption in the MSM (main stream media).

My guess is that it is a prequel to determine if they can sell it to the public at large.

"A lawyer told me I could rob the bank, rape the woman, beat the child, steal the car, or embezzle the money from my boss" is not a defense to a crime.

Even "God told me to" or "the devil made me do it" is not a defense to commission of a crime.

All that a prosecutor needs to do is prove that a CIA agent, FBI agent, or soldier tortured a detainee and a crime has been proven.

It is to zero, nada, none, zilch, zip effect if the defendant thereafter proves that his lawyer said it was ok to do the torture.

It will be easy for AG Holder to prove crimes of torture and who did it in many cases.

It will not be easy for him to try to excuse those who tortured prisoners because their lawyer told them they could do it.

Yep, Obama is the only thing between the torture criminals and "the folks with the pitchforks".

No comments:

Post a Comment